Wi-Fi SharingComplete the following steps to share files over a Wi-Fi® connection:
- From the BlackBerry PlayBook home screen, select the settings icon.
- Select Storage and Sharing.
- Toggle Wi-Fi Sharing to ON.
- Tap Properties to verify network identification information. (PlayBook name, password etc)
- From a Windows® or Mac based computer on the same network as the BlackBerry PlayBook, navigate to the IP address of the BlackBerry PlayBook which can be found under Settings >About > Network.
- On a Windows computer, open the Run dialog box and type file://127.1.1.1 (where 127.1.1.1 should be replaced with the actual IP address of the BlackBerry PlayBook)
- On a Mac computer, select Go -> Connect to Server… and type smb://127.1.1.1 (where 127.1.1.1 should be replaced with the actual IP address of the BlackBerry PlayBook)
- When connecting to the media folder which contains several sub-folders such as documents,music, photos, videos, etc, the BlackBerry PlayBook user can then move files between the computer and these folders.
File Sharing with a Mac via USB connection
To share files between a Mac and the BlackBerry PlayBook, BlackBerry® Device Manager will need to be installed.
Complete the following steps to install BlackBerry Device Manager:
- Connect the BlackBerry PlayBook to the Mac.
- On the desktop or within Finder, double click BlackBerry PlayBook CD.
- Double click the BlackBerry Device Manager Installer to start the installation process.
- After reviewing the Read Me and License Agreement click Continue Installation.
- Reboot the computer when prompted.
- After the reboot is complete and the BlackBerry PlayBook is started, a message may be presented stating that a new network interface has been detected. If this is the case, click onNetwork Preferences and click Apply.
- After the PlayBook has been setup in Network Preferences, the PlayBook share will appear on the desktop whenever the PlayBook is connected to the computer.
- Click the Playbook icon on the desktop to display the PlayBook share. Files can now be transferred to and from the BlackBery PlayBook.
Note: If error message You can’t install the ‘Network’ preferences pane because it is already installed. See the additional notes for further steps.BlackBerry® Device Manager is also included within the BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac. To download, please visitwww.blackberry.com/mac.File Sharing with a Windows® PC via USB connection
To share files between a Windows based PC and the BlackBerry PlayBook, BlackBerry® Device Manager will need to be installed. Complete the following steps to install BlackBerry Device Manager:
- Connect the BlackBerry PlayBook to the computer via USB cable.
- If BlackBerry Device Manager is not yet installed, the BlackBerry PlayBook will display a screen entitled Installing Drivers.
- On the computer, double click the BlackBerry PlayBook CD drive icon.
- Open the Drivers folder.
- Double click Setup.exe.
- After selecting the appropriate region and accepting the License Agreement select Install.
- Select Finish and then OK to the prompt confirming that the PlayBook will need to be disconnected and then reconnected prior to use.
- Once reconnected to the computer, the BlackBerry PlayBook will be mounted as a Network Drive labelled PlayBook [PIN: 500AAAAA].
- Double click the network drive icon to access the PlayBook folders.